As an esthetician, one of the most common questions I hear is, "What can I do at home to keep my skin looking its best between facials?"
While professional treatments are incredibly effective, your daily skincare routine plays a huge role in maintaining healthy, glowing skin. Over the years, I've tested countless beauty gadgets and tools, but only a handful have earned a permanent place in my skincare routine.
Today, I'm sharing three facial tools I genuinely use and recommend for supporting healthy skin between spa visits.
Do Facial Tools Actually Work?
The short answer is YES; when used consistently and correctly.
Facial tools aren't miracle workers, but they can help:
- Reduce puffiness
- Support lymphatic drainage
- Improve circulation
- Relax facial tension
- Enhance your self-care routine
- Give your skin a healthy glow
The key is consistency. Think of these tools as an extension of your skincare routine rather than a replacement for professional treatments.
1. Gua Sha: My Favorite Tool for Facial Massage
If you've spent any time on social media, you've probably seen Gua Sha tools popping up everywhere. Thankfully, this trend is one that actually deserves the hype.
Gua Sha is an ancient wellness practice that uses a smooth stone tool to gently massage the face and neck.
Benefits of Gua Sha
✔ Helps reduce facial puffiness
✔ Supports lymphatic drainage
✔ Encourages circulation
✔ Relaxes jaw and facial tension
✔ Creates a naturally sculpted appearance
I especially love using a Gua Sha tool after applying a facial oil or serum. The gentle massage helps products glide smoothly across the skin while creating a relaxing spa-like experience at home.
My Recommended Gua Sha Tool
Shop Here:
2. Ice Rollers: Instant Refresh for Tired Skin
If you wake up with puffy eyes or facial swelling, an ice roller can become your best friend.
I keep mine in the refrigerator so it's always ready to use in the morning.
Benefits of Ice Rollers
✔ Helps temporarily reduce puffiness
✔ Provides a cooling sensation
✔ Refreshes tired skin
✔ Great after workouts
✔ Helps awaken the complexion
My favorite time to use an ice roller is first thing in the morning before applying makeup. It instantly makes my skin feel more refreshed and energized.
My Recommended Ice Roller
Shop Here:
3. Facial Globes: A Spa Treatment at Home
Facial globes are one of my favorite tools to use both professionally and at home.
These beautiful glass globes are designed to be chilled and gently rolled across the skin.
Benefits of Facial Globes
✔ Cooling and soothing
✔ Helps reduce the appearance of puffiness
✔ Encourages circulation
✔ Creates a luxurious spa experience
✔ Perfect after masks and facials
Many estheticians use facial globes during treatments because clients absolutely love the calming, cooling sensation.
At home, I like using them after applying a hydrating mask or whenever my skin feels stressed and overheated.
My Recommended Facial Globes
Shop Here:
My Simple At-Home Facial Routine
When I want to give my skin a little extra attention between professional treatments, here's my go-to routine:
- Cleanse the skin thoroughly.
- Apply a hydrating serum or facial oil.
- Use Gua Sha for 3–5 minutes.
- Follow with chilled facial globes or an ice roller.
- Apply moisturizer and SPF.
The entire routine takes less than 10 minutes but leaves my skin feeling refreshed, relaxed, and glowing.
Final Thoughts
While no facial tool can replace professional skincare treatments, the right tools can absolutely help support your skin between appointments.
If you're looking to elevate your at-home skincare routine, these are the three tools I consistently reach for:
✨ Gua Sha Tool:
https://amzn.to/4w4TBGk
✨ Ice Roller:
https://amzn.to/3SDAJj7
✨ Facial Globes:
https://amzn.to/3Sk17yu
Remember, healthy skin isn't about perfection, it's about consistency. A few minutes of self-care each day can go a long way toward helping your skin look and feel its best.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog and allowing me to continue sharing my favorite wellness and skincare finds.

Comments
Post a Comment